Thursday 26 April 2007

Murder: About as bad as it gets, isn't it?

Another blog that is one of my own ideas, this time not drinking alcohol, but something more than just a little bit worse really. Murder.

I have a personal interest in murder, although why I'm not really sure. I know it scares some people, but I'm just fascinated by it. So I will give a brief run-down of my... er... I'm not gonna use the word favourites, cos that's kinda bad.... er... The ones I have a particular interest in. Yeah, a slight warning, if you're squemish, I'd skip Ed Gein, ok?

Ted Bundy.



Theodore Robert Bundy is one of America's best known serial killers. Between 1974 and 1978 he is estimated to have killed around 30 women, although the exact figure was never specified. He is believed to have been a sociopath, as those who knew him described him as a charming young man. Ted Bundy escaped from police capture twice, but was re-arrested both times. He was sent to trial twice, pleading not guilty on both counts. He was found guilty and sentenced to death. While on death row, Bundy received about 200 fan letters each day from various women. He was executed in the electric chair on the 24th of January 1989.



Ed Gein.




Ed Gein only committed two murders (God, I just said ONLY two murders O_o), but he has achieved fame as one of America's most prolific murderers. The crimes he committed shocked the small town of Plainfield in Wisconsin where he lived. Eddie Gein was well known in the town, said to be a gentle man, though slightly odd. No-one could have known what was going on in his twisted mind. His mother had been a religious fanatic, and had instilled the fear of God into Ed from a young age. When his mother died from a series of strokes in 1945, Gein seems to have lost his mind completely. He bagan to read the obituaries in the local paper, searching for the deaths of women around his mother's age. He would then go and remove their bodies from the graves and take them home to make clothes from their skin, bowls from their skulls, and in one case, a lamp from their spine. Gein's two murders were those of the owner of the local general store, Bernice Worden, and the barmaid of the local tavern, Mary Hogan. They reminded him too much of his mother for them to live. When police broke into Gein's house when they realised he was the most likely suspect, they found the body of Bernice Worden hanging upside down in Gein's garage. She had been decapitated, gutted, and strung up by her ankles like a hind. Her head was found in a seperate bag. Gein was arrested in 1957, but was declared unfit to stand trial until 1968, when he stood trial but was declared not guilty by reason of insanity and spent the rest of his time until his death in 1984. Staff declared that Gein was a model patient whilst in hospital.
By the way, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Leatherface was based on Gein.



Hmmm.... Two men, so let's make the last one a woman, shall we?



Aileen Wournos.


Again, an American (sensing a worrying pattern here...) serial muderer, a killer of seven men. A prostitute from the age of around 13, Lee Wournos never fitted in with the other children. She was abandoned by her mother at the age of fourteen when she fell pregnant. She became a full time prostitute, and was raped repeatedly, causing her to lose her trust in men and begin to have feelings for women. She began to date a woman called Tyria Moore shortly before she shot her first of her seven victims, all men who had flagged her down and picked her up. She was evetually arrested in 1992, after being detained multiple times for various other crimes. Wournos was found guilty of the murder of Richard Mallory, at which point she screamed at the jury "I'm innocent! I was raped! I hope you get raped! Scumbags of America!" Aileen Wournos was executed by lethal injection on October 9th 2002.

So those are three murderers I have a particular interest in =D Call me scary if you like, but I think you smell =P I would say maybe you'll think I'm glorifying them, but they are all in fact dead, so I'm sure they won't think I'm admiring what they've done. Which, by the way, I'm not! I just find them interesting...

If you're as interested as me in things like this, try this website: http://www.murderuk.com/

Over and out.


~Meg~

No comments: