Monday 30 April 2007

I don't f*cking swear you lying !@?*

What?! I don't f*cking swear, you lying ****!
I would safely bet that WAY over half of the people on the Being Bad module have sworn at some point or another. WAY over half. And I for one have sworn enough for the half that haven't.

But why exactly do people swear? And what making swearing so bad? What is it about certain words that makes them unsuitable to say? To certain people especially. I for one want to yell "FUCK" at a Vicar simply because I've been told I can't do that for so long, but that isn't why I swear. I'm not comdemning swearing, that would be exceedingly hypocritcal, I'm just trying to work out why some words, seemingly ones that express our anger at things, are considered to be such a taboo. When we do tend to swear, we seem to apologise afterwards, particularly people of the older generation. My Nana for one always makes me laugh, cos instead of just swearing, she spells out the word, like, "Oh... D.A.M.N." I think it was because she didn't want to swear in front of me when I was little. I haven't got the heart to tell her that I'm 18 and have been swearing for around 5 years now...

Another thing that I would like to bring up is swearing in songs. Any songs that have cuss words in have to be edited, and the albums they appear on have to have the "Parental Guidance" stickers on. Has ANYONE'S parents EVER listened to an album with one of those stickers on, then turned round and said "No, you can't have that, it's too rude." Cos I know mine never did. In fact in America, particularly in WalMart stores, they refuse to stock albums with cuss words on. The Darkness had to change the lyrics of their song "Get Your Hands Off My Woman" from

"I've got no right to lay claim to her frame,
She's not my possession, you cunt!

Get your hands off my woman, motherfucker..."

To:

"I've got no right to lay claim to her frame,
She's not my possession, you coconut!

Get your hands off my woman, mummamumma..."

So that it could be stocked in stores in America. I've just realised that I'm totally screwed if we're not allowed to swear in these blogs... Oops... Also, yes, I am a fan of The Darkness =P Say what you like, I like them!

But it's not just swearing in songs that we are supposed to avoid. If I ... say... drop a tin of Whiskas on my foot then dance around screaming "Sh*t sh*t f*cking hell, that really p*ssing hurt, you stupid tw*t!" I get sufficiently yelled at by my mother. It does however, make me better knowning that the can has been throughly sworn at.

Why?

I guess we'll never know. But it makes us feel good and bad at the same time, which can't be a truly bad thing, can it?

Over and out.

~Meg~

Also, another good song for swearing is "F*ck The System" by System Of A Down. Why? If you can't guess from the title, here's the chorus and one of the verses:

"Wh*re!
F*ck the system!
Wh*re!
F*ck the system!
F*ck the system!!
Who*re!
F*ck the system!
Wh*re!
I need to f*ck the sys.
I need to f*ck the sys..
I need to f*ck the sys..

You need to f*ck the sys.
You need to f*ck the sys..
You need to fuck the sys...
We all need to f*ck the system!

(Source: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/s/system+of+a+down/fuck+the+system_20134798.html)

No comments: